The St Kitts and Nevis Amateur Athletic Association (SKNAAA) is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect. Further, the SKNAAA supports equal opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices. Members of the SKNAAA and participants in SKNAAA’s programs and activities are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner consistent with the values of the SKNAAA. Conduct, which violates these values, may be subject to sanctions pursuant to the SKNAAA’s Discipline Policy.
The SKNAAA shall allow the International Association of Athletic Federations (IAAF) to conduct doping control at any competition at which the SKNAAA’s athletes are participating and to conduct out of competition testing on its athletes.
No athlete will be granted the SKNAAA’s consent to use an Athlete’s Representative and no Athlete’s Representative shall be authorized unless a written contract exists between the athlete and his Representative which contains the minimum terms set out in the IAAF Regulations concerning Federation Athletes’ Representatives and to which the SKNAAA has given its written approval.
All organizers, coaches, officials, managers, volunteers, staff, spectators, members and families of members of the SKNAAA have a responsibility to:
1. Maintain and enhance the dignity and self esteem of members and participants of the SKNAAA by:
• Showing respect to all individuals regardless of gender, ethnic or racial origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion, political belief, disability or economic status.
Focusing comments or criticism appropriately and avoiding public criticism of athletes, coaches, officials, organizers, managers, volunteers, staff, spectators, members and families of members.
• Consistently demonstrating the spirit of sportsmanship, sports leadership and ethical conduct and practices.
• Ensuring that the rules of the sport, and the spirit of such rules are adhered to.
2. Ensure that every athlete, coach or official, abstains from the use of alcohol and tobacco while participating at the SKNAAA’s competitive events.
3. Take reasonable steps to manage the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages in social situations associated with SKNAAA’s events.
4. Abstain from the non-medical use of drugs or the use of performance-enhancing drugs or methods.
5. Refrain from any behavior which constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as comment or conduct, directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious.
6. Refrain from any behavior which constitutes sexual harassment, where sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances or conduct of a sexual nature when submitting to or rejecting this conduct influences decisions which affect the individual, such conduct has the purpose or effect of diminishing performance, or such conduct creates intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
7. Comply at all times with the Constitution, policies, rules and regulations of the SKNAAA, as adopted and amended from time to time, including complying with any contracts or agreements executed with the SKNAAA.